This map was drawn during the 19th year of the second reign of Sultan Shams al-Din III (1921). The survey and drawing work were done by Dhon Thuthu (Ibrahim Maafaiy Thakurufaanu) and Bodufulhagge Ibrahim Maniku. They were assisted by Kuda Thuthu and Ahmed Maniku. The Hijri date for completion of the map is written in an original notation at the top left, and a later note added to that presents a converted Common Era date for that (though with what appears to be a conversion error). A separated small note pinned at the bottom right states that this is the original map which H.C.P. Bell translated into English in 1922. This note also mentions that this is the oldest map of Malé to date and that it was 67 years old. This added note was thus apparently written in 1988. At the top right is a block of text written in a combination of Arabic and an older form of Thaana-script Dhivehi. In addition to providing a Hijri calendar date for the map, it mentions five names, including that of the reigning Sultan (Shams al-Din III). It also identifies Dhon Thuthu, son of Dhon Maniku son of Kalhu Ali Maniku as Head of the commission that produced this map, noting also that he (or possibly his father) bore the prestigious official title of Faamuladheyri, fifth of the six Senior Ministers of the Sultan. It also names others involved with the production of this map: Project Leader Bodufulhaggey Ibrahim Maniku, Kuda Thuthu (son of Sikkagey Moosa Maniku), and Ahmed Maniku (son of Bodufulhaggey Ibrahim Maniku). It is likely that the original map was glued & framed onto plywood backing in 1988. The distinct lines and features of this map appear to have been written with a traditional Maldivian ink. The amount of detail recorded is impressive, and includes a number of three-dimensional sketches of prominent features including fortifications, bathing tanks, mosques and tombs (ziyaarai), including the flag poles that were customarily erected at such sites. It also provides a site plan of the former palace compound with the number and layout of each building and gate, as well as the surrounding moat, clearly indicated. This map also provides a key defining six distinct conventions for indicating specific building materials used on structures such as thatch, masonry walls, metal or tile roofing, as well as for differentiating wells and bathing tanks (veyo). This allows for a glimpse into the materiality of the built heritage of the capital as it was under the last decades of the sultanate. It also records the original location of various structures that are no longer extant, including the Lonu Ziyaarat and the tomb of Alirasgefaanu (Sultan Ali VI). Around the shore of the island, the map also provides richly detailed depictions of the reef, harbor, jetties, and anchorages, complete with drawings of traditional Maldivian sail craft (dhoni). Kuda Malé, an islet formerly just off the coast in southwest lagoon, is also visible. The detailed photography and digital stitching of this map and five others from the collection of the National Museum of the Maldives was done by Aishath Shifa Shafeeg and Hamzah Hassan over a period from 22 March – 28 May, 2021.